Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Malibu

Hollis was very proud of his Pontiac..I'm not sure what year it was but he kept it washed and waxed..The car came to an end when the engine blew on our way home from Ames to Keosauqua. His parents were very kind and co-signed with us at the Cantril Bank to buy a new Malibu...We drove it for the next 7 years...Hollis was proud that he paid it off . We talked about getting a new car but he did not want to do that. His reasoning was he did not want others to know that we could afford something new. He was financial clerk and knew that his salary at RCA gave him a better income that most of the other 3rd Ward members. The Malibu was still in excellant condition even though I had stripped the chrom off the right side when trying to back out of the little garage. It was a Sunday morning and Hollis was already at church..I was just sure he was going to yell at me.. I thought I deserved it...but he got back to the house someway..I was too upset to remember what churchmember drove him.... He looked at the predicament of what I had done with the car and was able to manuver it back out into the driveway. Later, when I asked why he was not angry with me his response was that it was too late to be angry it just needed to be fixed. I think he was able to snap the chrom strip back into place..the car was none the worse for wear.

I still hate backing out! I will do a 5-6 point turn in a small driveway so I do not have to back out!

1 comment:

Coffinberry said...

Tim isn't too fond of backing out (yet) either.