There are times that I problems with my watch not working. For a while I had to use the old style wind up wrist watch because the battery watches would spin it's hands too fast. I first noticed this after I moved to Iowa from Tennessee. This story is about my watch stopping.
I was on call that night and looked at my watch when the pager went off. One of my own had died and I quickly got dressed to go to pronounce. The patient's home was about 65 miles away. T insisted that he drive me; he knew how tired I was. When we got to the van I checked my watch to record the time . That is when I realized that my watch had stopped. I borrowed T's watch.
When I got to the patient's home I talked with the wife. She reported that he was calling to Jesus when he died; his hand held up in the air like he was taking someone's hand. Then he dropped back into his bed and was no longer breathing. That was the same time that my watched stopped.
Time stopped. Time is relative. Time goes on anyway. Love, Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment