Saturday, June 14, 2008

singing angels

I was visiting a patient that has alzheimer's disease..There are moments that his family live for when he has very short periods of lucidity. I found him in his room, in bed, he did not acknowledge my being there but was singing random musical tones. I tried to match it by singing a hymn with him. He was looking heavenward and said "There are angels here, some of them are fallen angels." His wife thought he was talking about my singing but he continued to ramble on about the angels singing with him..then he stopped, looked directly at me and said, "You have angels around you." I replied that , yes, I know that...Then he slipped back into rambling about angels in the room and fallen angels and returned to staring at the ceiling...This was significant to me, and touched me greatly...Just the weekend before Kris had been to my home and gave me a Priesthood blessing and in it mentioned that because I no longer had my family about me that there would be angels around me. I continue to mingle with the angels.

No comments: