GOD'S FACE
I saw God's face today .
I saw it as I watched two people express their love,
knowing that he would leave her behind.
They spoke this love not in words but with a look.
Feelings so strong.
I saw God's face today
and It was Love.
I saw God's face today.
It was in a daughter's look
As she stoked her dying mother's hair tenderly.
she will be left behind soon.
She spoke of a mother's love not in words but with that look.
I saw God's face today
And It was Love.
I saw God's face today.
It was in an look to check a sweetheart's needs.
"Preacher man married us, that's what she's waitin' for."
In his eyes you see the fear of loss coming too soon.
I saw God's face today
And it was Love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mom! You got a blog! So cool. Bookmarking it now...
PS. Beautiful poem. You do such an important job, helping people as they cross the river to the other side; your poem captures some of that with words.
Post a Comment