While at BYU I took the opportunity to get my patriachial blessing. Bro. Fairbourn had move his family to Provo and was kind enough to take me to the stake patriach's home.
The original has long been lost so I need to write to Salt Lake to get a copy but I do remember reading it over and over. One of the statements made was that I would have many children that would hold my name sacred. I always wondered what that meant. I did not live in Utah so I figured I would the be the General Primay president and while I had 6 children I did not think that constituted "many children" for me that seemed just a normal number. Even when I worked in the Primary on the branch , ward or stake level I did not feel that this was what was meant.
It finally came to me . This blessing refers to the many children of my patients. I feel that it is truely awsom to have been apart of their lives and look forward to seeing their parents on the other side when it is my turn to cross.
Oh, yes, I hope my children also hold my name sacred....Love, mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment